Current job postings at Hucks Marine & Resort
Our current job postings are listed below. You can apply by clicking on the “Apply Now” button.
We are always looking for talented individuals to join our team and work with us to deliver outstanding service to our customers.
Customer Experience and Student Coordinator
About us: Hucks Marine & Resort is a full-service marina located on the banks of the St. Lawrence River in Rockport (Ontario). We love where we work and what we do, and our main goal is to create an environment and atmosphere that is safe, fun and relaxing for our boaters, guests and staff.
Overview of the Position: Our customers are extremely important to us, and we are looking for someone to help lead our summer student, event and dockage programs to help make sure our customers have the very best experience while at our Marina. Think camp-counselor! During the active months you are working, you will work weekends, evenings, and split-shifts, and must be readily available, at all times, to meet the needs of our students and customers.
About you: You are energetic, friendly and polite. You enjoy taking on new challenges and believe in seeing projects through from start to finish. You love working with people. You are entrepreneurial, possess strong attention to detail, excellent organizational skills, flexibility and have the ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
Start Date: As soon as possible
Duration of Position: The position is full-time permanent but will mostly be active commencing in March / April until December of each calendar year. The successful candidate will receive 10 weeks of vacation each year, commencing when the marina shuts down for the Christmas holiday season, and will commence active duties again following such vacation.
Why join us: Hucks offers:
- performance incentives;
- an RRSP program;
- advancement opportunities;
- an attractive vacation allotment;
- a comprehensive benefit plan; and
- an AMAZING work environment, surrounded by water, boating and summer fun.
Brand Protection: Hucks strives to offer its customers the very best boating and summer experience. This not only means giving customers the opportunity to dock and boat in the heart of the Thousand Islands, but presenting them with the very best in service, cleanliness and additional offerings, including use of our gym, sauna, steam room, laundry facilities and café! Part of your responsibility – arguably your most important duty - is protecting the very standard of excellence Hucks aims to achieve on a daily basis. You must remain observant at all times, notice things that do not fit or help our brand, lead by example and be willing to roll up your sleeves and help out when needed – see some garbage? Make sure you send someone to pick it up (or pick it up yourself!). Is a facility not properly cleaned? Schedule someone to clean it ASAP. Are customers arriving? Send a student (or meet the customers directly) to help them carry their bags and belongings to their boat. And don’t forget to follow-up, follow-up, follow-up to confirm everything has been properly completed! We aim to offer top-notch resort-like services and facilities and it is your job to ensure that is delivered each and every day!
Summer Student Coordination: We believe ‘fun’ is catching! When our staff are having a good time, they are creating an environment of fun that spreads to our customers. We want our summer students to truly enjoy their experience working at Hucks and to bring those good-vibes to the people and customers around them, so we need YOU to help us create and manage a summer student program to make this happen! Some of your duties will include:
- Post job ads for the Hucks Summer Student Program;
- Track and manage summer student applications and ensure clear and efficient communication throughout the process;
- Schedule interviews and meet with prospective summer students;
- Work with senior management in establishing student job roles;
- Coordinate marketing efforts to promote awareness of the Hucks Summer Student Program;
- Plan and schedule safety and job orientations;
- Plan the summer students’ weeks, including scheduling shifts and activities;
- Arrange activities (i.e. boating, bbqs, game nights and movie nights) and cultural activities in the surrounding area;
- Oversee the upkeep and maintenance of our students’ house;
- Provide regular updates to management with respect to summer student activities and feedback by students;
- Ensure summer students are made aware of the Marina’s policies and monitor student compliance with same;
- Exercise proper and safe work practices; and
- MAKE SURE OUR STUDENTS HAVE THE VERY BEST SUMMER EVER!
Event Coordination: Every year, Hucks hosts customer events. We want these events to be fun and memorable, so that everyone who attends can’t wait for the next event, and everyone who didn’t attend wished they had! We will be looking to you (with the help of your trusty summer students!) to help organize and run these events, from start to finish, and to help us think of new event ideas. Some of your duties will include:
- Work closely with the Sales Team and Management to schedule, plan, and assist in the coordination of all customer events;
- Propose ideas with respect to new customer events;
- Research and arrange for catering, music, decorations and other event details;
- Manage event setup, catering, and guest arrival;
- Help resolve issues with respect to events and programs; and
- Assist with cleaning and event setup.
Dockage Agreement Program: We strive to make our agreement process as easy and as seamless as possible for our customers. We want our customers to know they are in good hands, and that we are here to help with anything they need. We will look to you to help oversee and administer our annual dockage agreement program. Your duties will include:
- Draft, and send out to each customer of the Marina, email correspondence to advise them of the upcoming dockage agreement process, including deadlines and contact persons for inquiries;
- Maintain customer list with up-to-date contact information;
- Create Dockage Document templates in the DocuSign System;
- Assist in updating dockage documentation templates each year;
- Send dockage documentation and information to each customer of the Marina;
- Follow-up with customers with respect to their dockage needs;
- Answer customer inquiries in a friendly and polite manner;
- Organize, and properly file, all customer inquiries and completed dockage documentation;
- Liaise with other Marina departments to ensure all customers are fully satisfied with their experience with the Marina.
- A bachelor’s degree; college diploma; or equivalent years of experience in a related field;
- At least two years of program planning, public / communication relations, and recreational activities experience;
- Possess a valid driver’s license;
- Possess a valid Ontario’s Boating License;
- Supervisory and administrative experience;
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Strong organizational skills; and
- Relate well to other people.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to:
- plan, organize and effectively present ideas and concepts;
- work independently, and with others, and make good decisions;
- handle multiple responsibilities and priorities; and
- work flexible hours;
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite
Hucks Marine & Resort is hiring! We are looking for a full-time Boats Detailer to join our team!
About Us: Hucks Marine & Resort is a full-service marina located on the St. Lawrence River in Rockport, Ontario. We love where we work, what we do and strive to provide our customers with exemplary service in an environment that is fun and relaxing!
About You: You are energetic, friendly and polite. You enjoy taking on new challenges and believe in seeing projects through from start to finish. You love working with people including fellow staff members and our valuable customers. You are entrepreneurial, possess strong attention to detail, excellent organizational skills, flexibility and can work efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
Why Join Our Team: Hucks is the leader in full-service marinas among the 1000 Islands and offers a competitive salary, an RRSP program, advancement opportunities, benefit plan, and an amazing work environment surrounded by water, boating, and fun.
- Maintain the highest level of detailing and cleaning standards of boats being delivered to clients, for display at shows, inventory boats and boats in for service
- Wash, clean, and wax exterior of boats, including boat hulls, prior to their storage
- Wash, clean, wax and vacuum boat interiors
- Inspect overall condition of cleaned boats to ensure acceptability to the customer
- Coordinate boat cleaning with Seasonal Staff as required
- Manage cleaning supply inventory and purchase additional supplies when needed
- Minimum of 1-3 years of experience
- Valid drivers license with your own transportation
- Professional attitude and attire at all times
- Stays focused on jobs at hand and values accomplishment of daily tasks
- Punctual, a self starter, follow direction and hard working
- Good physical mobility
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with management
- Must be able to take direction, to work with minimal supervision
- Requires attention to detail and a pride in delivering excellent service
Please forward your resume with references.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.