Accessible Customer Service Plan Providing Goods & Services to People with Disabilities
Ed Huck Marine is committed to excellence in serving all customers including people with disabilities.
We will ensure that our staff are trained and familiar with various assistive devices we have on site or that we provide that may be used by customers with disabilities while accessing our goods or services.
We will communicate with people with disabilities in ways that take into account their disability.
We welcome people with disabilities and their service animals. Service animals are allowed on the parts of our premises that are open to the public.
A person with a disability who is accompanied by a support person will be allowed to have that person accompany them on our premises.
Ed Huck Marine will provide training to employees, volunteers and others who deal with the public or other third parties on our behalf. Training will be provided to all staff and will include:
- An overview of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the requirements of the customer service standard.
- Ed Huck Marine’s plan related to the customer service standard.
- How to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities.
- How to interact with people with disabilities who use an assistive device or require assistance on a service animal or a support person.
- How to use any on-site equipment or devices available that help with providing goods or services to people with disabilities.
- What to do if a person with a disability is having difficulty in accessing Ed Huck Marine’s goods and services.
- Staff will also be trained when changes are made to Ed Huck Marine’s accessible customer service plan.
Customers who wish to provide feedback on the way Ed Huck Marine provides goods and services to people with disabilities verbally tell an employee, call or email.
Customers can expect to hear back in 24 hours.